The goal of this blog is to help me with the documentation of progress on my quest to install an alternate firmware on the now discontinued Netgear WGR826V.

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Still working on it...

Hello this is just a quick update, I have not abandon the project, I have been working with some people from the openWRT forums and irc #openwrt-devel channel. I have not being able to compile a 100% functional image, although I am able to enable Ethernet devices I am not able to assign the MAC address which then causes more issues.  I will continue to work on this project and as always any advice is welcome.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Please, read this thread about MAC address problem

http://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=15126

Edgar said...

Hello Antonello,
Yes I have seen this, but even if I force the mac to be what I want, there are no ping replys from the host. I have also keep a close eye on the SVN to see when your patch will be ported in, because I think it will work, I looked into the redboot conf partition/file and your patch will detect it too, but as far as I know the code hasn't being ported in and I don't know if it will solve the problem. In other note, I sent the other WGR826V that I bought to Kaloz, and he has not even touch it so I am like errr -_-..

islavv said...

just curious why not to change Ralink wireless card in WGR826V for Atheros 5002G and you will get
Netgear WG302
(with
You may take firmware from Netgear site for WG302 - its not bad

Anonymous said...

Argh it's been a year since an update. *cries*

Anonymous said...

ftp://downloads.netgear.com/files/GPL/wgr826v_V2.0.17_src.tar.bz2

Here are the GPL files for this router.

Unknown said...

I assume this project is dead. If it is not is there any way to assist?

Anonymous said...

Jason, if you want to help, check out the hardware compat list for dd-wrt. PM the main man over there BrainSlayer as he is looking for this board to get a port going. Contact him for more details.

Anonymous said...

BrainSlayer is a douche-bag for selling DD-WRT with other people's work that is GPL.

Archive